Tuesday, January 10, 2012

{Recipe} Shepherd's Pie - Yum!

Shepherd's Pie




This is a quick and yummy favorite!!
{It's also a GREAT way to use up leftover mashed potatoes!!}




Brown some ground beef {I used about a pound}.

{I know, Mom...I need to clean my stovetop!}



While you're cooking the ground beef...you can make the potato part:



Melt butter in a large saucepan {I used about 3 Tbsp.}...
then add your mashed potatoes {mine were cold leftover ones ~ I had a nice-sized portion}
and an 8 ounce block of cream cheese.
Add a little extra milk, if needed - enough to make it a smooth consistency.
Heat {on medium} and stir {constantly...so it doesn't burn} to blend all together.





In a greased casserole dish...



Layer the beef...



Then add a layer of frozen corn or peas {I used a 16 oz. bag}...



Last, add the mashed potato mixture...




Bake {uncovered} at 350° for about 30 minutes.



YUMMY!!



Linking up to these parties!!

3 comments:

KayzKreationz said...

I love shepherd's pie. Your's looks yummy. Will have to try your quick recipe.

WhyCuzICan said...

I love a good cottage pie (shepards pie is usually lamb, at least that's what my English Mum always said, though I prefer beef- like THIS great recipe!)

Looks tasty!

Visiting from Craft-O-Maniac MONDAY link PARTY and thanks for sharing:D
Smiles, Suzanne in NW Illinois

Unknown said...

i miss shepherds pie. my mom used to make it as we were growing up. maybe i'll give this a shot and take a trip down memory lane :)

PS. my partner is english and he always makes fun of north americans for using beef in their shepherds pie. Apparently it's traditionally made with lamb! Hence, the "Shepherd"...

LinkWithin



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...