Friday, January 6, 2012

Valentine's Day Tic Tac Toe Game





With Valentine's Day approaching...I thought I'd share a quick and easy project that you can whip up in no time flat!!

{I was ambitious one year and made one for all the kids in my daughter's class at school ~ that was ALOT of hearts to cut out!!}



What you'll need:
~Sheet of felt - (I used purple)
~Scraps of felt in 2 different colors - (I used pink and white)
~White dimensional paint {I used Scribbles brand} -- (or just use yarn)
~Tacky glue



First - download the PDF pattern (click picture below to download):




From the 2 colors of scrap felt - cut out 5 (five) 1" squares of each color {10 squares total.}

Fold each square in half and cut out the heart {you don't need a template for this...just wing it...you probably made hearts like this in Kindergarten!! However, I did include a "sample" small heart to give you the approx. size on the PDF pattern sheet.}

You'll now have 10 small hearts - 5 of each color.





Using the PDF template, cut out one large heart from felt.

Also, cut out a 3"x3" square from felt.



Using tacky glue on 3 of the 4 sides of the 3"x3" square, glue the square to the large heart. {This is the pocket to store the little heart pieces.}





With the dimensional paint {or use tacky glue and yarn instead}...paint the tic tac toe lines on the front of the heart. **Use the PDF template as your guide for placement.**





Let the paint dry! Store the little heart pieces in the back pocket.


Makes a CUTE alternative to a Valentine's Day card!!





Click here to see the parties I linked up to!!

17 comments:

Anne Maskell said...

Cute idea for the kids!

Stephanie said...

This is really sweet! I am starting to get in the lovely dovey mood too :)
Feel free to submit this to my link party, would love to share it with more people!
http://toastiestudio.blogspot.com/2012/01/made-monday.html

Allison said...

I LOVE this!!!

I invite you to link this (or any other Valentine's Day posts) up with the Find Some Love Fest on February 1st!

http://www.feedingmytemple.com/2012/01/exciting-announcement.html

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

I have just been teaching my 4 year old how to play tic tac toe - love this version!

Katie said...

How cute! I think my boys need this!
You should join me for "Handmade 52" http://raisingoranges.blogspot.com/2012/01/handmade-52.html

Megan @ The Crafty Conundrum said...

that's so cute! I should make one for my little ones.

Crafty Mischief said...

This is too cute! I am so making one for my kids! I found you through Craft-O-Maniac. Thanks for sharing! :)

Carrie said...

Such a cute idea! I am your newest follower and would love to invite you to share at our sharing party on Saturdays called Sharing Saturdays. I hope you will visit. http://craftymomsshare.blogspot.com/

Crystal said...

That is so cute and looks like fun! My little girls would love to play with this. Thanks for sharing :)
-Crystal from Crystal's Craft Spot

Lindsi B said...

Found you on Skip to my Lou. Such a fantastic post! Would you please share this with our readers for Fun Stuff Fridays? http://www.toysinthedryer.com/2012/01/fun-stuff-fridays-6.html

Jerri at Simply Sweet Home said...

How cute! Thanks for linking up with me for Friday Favorites! I'm featuring you this week! Come by and grab my featured button if you'd like one.

Brittney said...

This is so cute! Even easy enough that I could handle it!

Carrie said...

Thank you for sharing it at Sharing Saturday!! I really do love it!

Liz said...

Seriously so cute! Thanks for linking up :)

Digger said...

That's so cute!! My boys would LOVE this! Thanks for linking up with us at the Find Some Love Fest!!

All The Love In The Universe
Digger

Jayme @ Her Late Night Cravings said...

This is so cute!! We had so much fun with the Find Some Love Fest! So happy to connect with other amazing bloggers.
We are following you and we'd love for you to visit our blog.
Have a great day!

Jayme & Mendi @ Her Late Night Cravings
http://www.herlatenightcravings.blogspot.com

Heather @ Raising Memories Blog said...

This idea is so very cute! Would be a fun activity or little gift! :) Just wanted to stop by and invite you to link up at my Sharing Time Link Party, here: http://heathernow.blogspot.com/search/label/sharing%20time
Have a great day!
~Heather

LinkWithin



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...